Major indices down around -0.3% to -0.6% in early trading
the US stocks opened lower but are seeing some early buying. A snapshot of the market currently shows:
- S&P index -16.7 points or -0.43% of 3836.20. The low reached 3833.24
- NASDAQ index -42 points or -0.31% 13489.30. The low reached 13463.66
- Dow industrial average -175 points or -0.56% the 31002.92. The low reached 30953.18.
A snapshot of other markets as US stocks started trade shows:
- Spot gold, $-30 or -1.6% at 1840.25.
- Spot silver $-0.71 of -2.72% at $25.23
- WTI crude oil futures are down $1.11 or -2.09% at $52.03
- Bitcoin is up $1060 or 3.39% at 32260.22
in the US debt market, yields remain lower and the yield curve has flattened, but yields are off there low levels as well.